END OF THE DAY REPORT (27 April 2015):
Markets falls further ends at 3-1/2 month low; Nifty dips below 200-DMA.
Markets opened on a quite positive note but could not sustain on higher side and fall for the third straight day mainly dragged by Realty, PSU Banks, pharma, stocks as concerns over retrospective tax on foreign funds and weak corporate earnings continue to weigh on market sentiment and finally ends in deep red today. Nifty closes below its crucial Mark falls 91 points to ends at 8213 while Sensex dips 260 points ends at 27176.
HEADLINES FOR THE DAY:
- Sintex dips 12% while Wockhardt pharma falls 23% on the back of huge volumes..
- Kotak Bank listed new shares; stock dips.
- SSLT (Sesa Sterlite) gains 3% on rebound in iron ore prices.
- NTPC ends flat as company signed PPA i.e. power purchase agreement with Andhra Pradesh.
- Infosys dips on the weak quarter earnings.
KEY STOCKS FOR THE DAY:
- During this quarter FIIs hike stake in HDFC (Housing Development Finance Corporation) to record high of nearly 80%
- Pharma shares ends lower on profit booking, Dr. Reddy’s Lab, Aurobindo pharma, Lupin falls.
- Rolta falls 12 percent after rating agency i.e. Fitch downgrades stock rating to Negative from Stable.
- ICICI Bank today reported 10% rise in Q4 profit to Rs 2922 crore, meet street expectations, NPA raised stood at 3.78 % v/s 3.40 % in previous quarter.
- Maruti reported better than expected Q4 results, net profit rose by 61 percent on yearly basis stood at 1284 crore. Stock gains in an otherwise market.
- Bharti Infratel gains 7 % as Q4 profit up by 18 percent at Rs 558 crore while revenues grew by 6 % at Rs 2947 crore on yearly basis.
- Siemens Q4 profit rises by 83% on yearly basis at Rs 162 crore. Stock gains.
- Andhra Bank Q4 net profit raises by 110 percent on the back of strong NII; NPA stable. Stock gains.
- UPL gains in an otherwise market as consolidated profit for the March quarter up by 20 percent stood at Rs 440 crore on yearly basis. Revenue up by 9% at Rs 3624 crore.
- Petronet today disappointed street as net profit for the march ending quarter up by 78 percent but on the other hand operating profit falls 43 percent.
- UltraTech dips as net profit for the march quarter fall by 24 percent while Jan-march volumes declined.
SOME STOCKS FOR NEXT TRADING SESSION:
- GRUH EQ today has given breakout of its important support level of 235 and given closing below it, further stock may give more negative breakouts. Sell below 230.10 targets 227.80/225.50/223.30 maintain SL of 232.50.
- UPL gains on good Q4 results more buying could be seen on the back of positive quarter numbers. Buy above 452.80 targets 457.30/461.90/466.50 maintain SL of 448.
- European shares falls today as concerns over Greece’s debt negotiations continued to weigh.
- China shares gains led by Oil Equipment Services & Distribution Telecoms and Mobile sectors while Australia shares moved higher led by Resources and Materials, Metals & Mining stocks.
NEWS TO WATCH OUT:
- Watch out for the Quarterly numbers of Bharti Airtel, Century Plyboard, Gati, Idea Cellular, KPIT Tech, Marico Kaya Ent, Snowman Logist, Tata Elxsi, Godrej Consumer and Zensar Tech on Tuesday i.e. on 28th April 2015.
Daily News Alerts
– Nifty in cash is trading at crucial level; take a cautious note before going to trade. Formation of trend could take place on either side depending upon the strength in the next few hours.
– COMEX Crude seems to be moving down and is trading around its immediate support level. If INR gains some strength then we could see Crude moving down in MCX too. COMEX Gold has given a downside break-out but in the initial few hours it is also expected to sustain in a range of USD 1178-1185.
– Today’s Results – Maruti Suzuki India and ICICI Bank are scheduled to announce their Q4 March 2015 earnings today, April 27, 2015. JSW Energy, Andhra Bank, UPL and Bharti Infratel among others will also release their earnings for the March quarter today.
– Nifty is expected to trade with some strength and could recover some of its lost ground on the back of strong global markets and positive response from many states and political parties over GST in Lok Sabha. UltraTech Cement’s consolidated net profit declined 23.78 percent to Rs 657 crore on 5.36 percent growth in net sales to Rs 6518 crore in Q4 March 2015. Siemens’ net profit rose 83.38 percent to Rs 161.86 crore on 0.95 percent decline in total income to Rs 2689.03 crore in Q2 March 2015. Grasim Industries have announced to reduce their staple fiber production in one of their plants due to water shortage. Bank of Baroda after market hrs on Friday, April 24, 2015 said it has decided to reduce the interest rates payable on term deposits, applicable to the renewal of fresh deposits and existing deposits, with effect from Monday, April, 27, 2015. A 2 day meeting of the Federal Open Market Committee (FOMC) to review US monetary policy is scheduled for 28-29 April 2015.
The market trader can follow my online website Trifid Research that will give you proper stock market knowledge how to trade in Indian stock market and also give you Free Stock Tips, Option Tips and Nifty Tips for all traders and investor. The stock market trader is also contributing on Twitter @trifidresearch and FaceBook @trifidresearch page.