Markets opened on a strong note and strength was mainly provided by technology, auto and telecom stocks and upside in European markets too supported the sentiments which helped the indices to show pull back in later half and finally closed in green gaining 0.50%. Nifty future inched above to test 7800 marks ahead of the keenly awaited RBI Monetary Policy in which it is expected to cut the rate by 25 bps. Resistance is seen around 7840 while support is seen at 7700.
SUPPORT : 7740 & 7690
RESISTANCE: 7830 & 7870
- Markets moved higher ahead of RBI policy meet; Auto, Media shares gains.
- Geometric gains 19 pct and hit fresh high as sells entire biz to HCL Tech; offloads 58 pct stake in JV to Dassault Systems.
- Aviation stocks were in the limelight; Jet Airways, Indigo gains.
- Infosys hits record high on the back of huge volumes.
- DLF, Indiabulls and Apollo Tyres tanks on Panama tax documents.
- Mphasis shares fall after open offer by Blackstone at discount.